- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
Spring is traditionally one of the hottest seasons for the real estate industry. Both buyers and sellers typically reap the benefits associated with this vibrant time of year. For home sellers, the spring selling season is often also a competitive one in which it is critical for ones property to stand out. From the outside in, there are a number of key tips that can help a seller secure equity and top dollar.
1. Make sure your home is properly priced. A licensed real estate professional will be able to help.
2. Create appealing curb appeal. Many potential buyers will "judge a book by its cover" and perceive a home that shows poorly from the outside will show poorly on the inside.
3. Complete all minor repairs. To potential buyers even minor tasks may signal concerns of "worry, work and money."
4. Consider repainting your home. Many homes need to be repainted every 5-10 years depending on weather conditions. A fresh coat of paint can significantly refresh a home's appearance.
5. Have your home professionally cleaned. Your home should "shine like a new penny" to potentially buyers. Having your home professionally cleaned with help ensure it will sell.
6. Hire a professional home stager. In many parts of the country home staging is an integral part of the home selling process. A home stager stages and styles the property using "lifestyle selling techniques" to help potential buyers envision themselves in the home.
7. Consider renovating kitchens and bathrooms. Kitchens and bathrooms are still top of the list as far as key selling features.
8. Depersonalize. From personal colors to unique finishes, creating a neutral environment typically appeals most to potential buyers.
9. Shop the competition. When your home is placed on the market for sale it is no longer your home, but a product on the market for sale that will be compared to other products. It may be helpful as a seller to view other homes you will be competing against for potential buyers.
10. Be realistic. Properties that are properly priced and show at their best tend to sell quicker.