- 1 of 4 Photos | View More Photos
St.. Joseph Church in Randolph recently demolished a former convent on the parish grounds to make way for a youth center. The convent was built in 1922 to house the Sisters of Notre Dame of Cleveland, who taught at the parish school until 2000. The vacant building has been used for storage. The contractors, the DiGeronimo company, reduced the cost of the demolition from $25,000 to $6,000. Nicolai Firtha, a heavyweight boxing champion and member of the parish, right, demolished the steps of the house with a sledge hammer. A fund raising campaign for the youth center is under way.